Table of Contents
CustomWritings.com is an online writing service with corporate headquarters located in England. According to its website, it has been in business for ten years. This review has been prepared using the same criteria and categories that we use for all writing service reviews, and is based on factual information we have been able to find on the website, through Custom Writing testimonials on that website, and from an exploration of information, feedback and other reviews of its products and services found on the Internet. The following is a compilation of all of these evaluative factors. It is our goal to provide enough information so that students can make better decisions when selecting a writing service for their needs.
Custom Writings Services
Custom Writings focuses solely on academic writing products, including essays, papers, speeches, presentations, case studies, book and movie reviews, lab reports, research projects, coursework assignments, and all sections and chapters of theses and dissertations. In addition to these products, it offers admissions, scholarship, and personal statement essays.
It appears that there are no editing, re-writing or proofreading services available. We telephoned the company to inquire about editing and were told that this is not a service that is offered – we would have to pay the price-per-page of an original writing piece to have it edited.
Quality of Products/Writers
In order to evaluate the quality of the products and writers, we looked at several things, as follows:
- CustomWritings customer reviews that we found on the Internet stated that the company could be trusted in terms of meeting deadlines and basic customer instructions regarding length, number of resources, format style, etc. There were some concerns expressed over the quality of resources when writers selected them and a few word usage or grammatical errors. In one instance, a customer stated she did not get her piece by the deadline but, rather, the day after.
- On-site testimonials were all quite positive and complimentary, stating that customers had received exemplary products and services.
- Sample writings that we found on the site were the same as those found on other sites we have reviewed, indicating that this company is owned by a larger corporation with several writing websites. One cause and effect we reviewed on obesity in America was interesting in terms of factual information. We also reviewed a sample essay on online education. It was well-written and contained valuable information.
- We reviewed a few of the Custom Writings footer pages contained at the bottom of each web page. These provide greater detail on specific writing products. Customers may find them interesting reading.
- The company states that its writers are carefully selected and tested for writing excellence and that they all have degrees and the ability to write on a number of topics.
- We could not find any evidence of CustomWritings BBB membership.
It is clear to us that CustomWritings is not a scam but a reliable source for academic writing.
Prices and Ways of Payment
Like all writing services, customers may pay with any major credit card and through PayPal. We found that there is a third-party payment processor that has SSL certification. Customers should feel very safe submitting their payments.
In terms of CustomWritings.com prices, the site states that prices begin at $10/page, although we could find no writing product at that price. A high school essay begins at $14/page with a 14-day deadline. Pricing increases up to the doctoral level at which the price-per page is $48 when there is an urgent deadline of one day.
We were unable to find any Custom Writings promo code for new customers, nor was there a link explaining a discount plan. We also searched for CustomWritings.com coupon codes of any kind and were unable to find any. Ultimately, we called the company to inquire about any CustomWritings discounts. We were told that there was a discount plan once a customer had spent a total of $500 in orders and that the customer was personally notified of the discount.
Custom Writings offer free revisions, plagiarism scans on all of its products, and the opportunity for customers to select a U.S. or UK writer. For a fee of $5, a customer can preview 3 samples of a writer’s work before accepting that assigned writer. There are no free pages as we often find offered by other writing services. However, pricing appears to be based upon the actual page texts, without title or bibliography pages.
There is also a section of “resources” which can be accessed via a link at the bottom of the landing page. Here, students can use tools such as a thesis generator, a plagiarism checker, and a bibliography creation. These are good resources if a student’s own institution does not provide them.
In summarizing CustomWritings.com pros & cons, we would comment that they are diligent about following customer instructions and delivering products on time. Their pricing is about average for the industry. They are serious about having solid policies, a good business model and can be considered a trusted source for academic writing. Overall, we give CustomWritings a rating of 4, on a scale of 0-5. There are some concerns for product quality, however, and there are no discounts to offset pricing. Overall, we give a Custom Writings rating of “Fair.”