Fast Essay Review
FastEssay.com has been in the writing service business for about five years. We decided to complete this review of the company because we have received some feedback and comments from visitors to our review site, and discussions about the company on our site point to both highly satisfied and highly dissatisfied customers. We decided it was time to take a look for ourselves.
During our review, we focused on these factors and criteria:
- Is the company website well organized, easy to navigate, and well-written?
- Does the company clearly provide information on the products and services it offers?
- What information is provided about the writers?
- Is customer service professional, informed, and responsive?
- Are customers satisfied with the products and services they receive?
- Are the prices comparable to other agencies in the industry?
- Does the company have written policies and guarantees?
- Is the service safe to use?
- Are there sample writings for customers to review?
Our end goal is to determine if Fast Essay is a reliable and trusted writing service that produces high-quality products and services to its customers.
The following will summarize all that we have learned.
Factor 1: Types of Writing Services Offered
FastEssay offers virtually every type of academic writing a student might encounter. This includes, of course, essays and papers, but also book reviews, lab reports, case studies, presentations, and graduate-level theses and dissertations. They also provide admissions essays and editing and proofreading services.
Job seekers can find help with resumes, CV’s and cover letters. Businesses can order up copywriting for their web presence, as well as reports, marketing materials, and more.
How does Fast Essay offer so much? It does so through its particular business model. Customers place their detailed orders, and writers who are registered on their site then bid for those orders. The customer then holds “interviews” with the bidders and chooses one that he believes will be the best fit for his needs.
Factor 2: Trust and Reliability
From customer reviews we have found, it looks like FastEssay.com can be trusted to receive orders, complete them, and deliver them on time. This certainly promotes trust and confidence.
The company also has written policies that provide guarantees of revisions, customer satisfaction, and, very importantly, privacy and confidentiality. Customers can probably feel safe that their use of this writing service will not be revealed to third parties. In fact, customers are given user names, and their writers only know them by these.
There is also a secured payment method – a third-party processor with SSL certification that protects financial information.
Overall, the policies and guarantees are clear and do inspire confidence, and we can say that Fast Essay is a legal service with the proper practices in place.
Factor 3: Level of Quality
Here is where the issues begin. When we look at quality, we look at several things. Here is what we found:
- The website is very busy, with lots of movement and popups. This is distracting until we got to the actual ordering process. The quality of writing on the website is not always in proper English.
- Samples and blog posts reflect some glaring errors in grammar and word usage, and we wonder if any of their writers composed them.
- Customer satisfaction is really mixed. Writer profiles have lots of “testimonials,” all of which rave about the quality, but they are pretty much anonymous and without much detail. Customer feedback on the web and that was submitted to our site range from “very satisfied” to not satisfied at all.
- Many customers complain about poor research and writing, lack of thesis statements, problems with structure, repetitive content, and some lack of responsiveness from writers when issues are raised. Customers did state that requested revisions were made but that they were still not happy. And when they took the issues to the customer support department, they were told to take them up with their writers.
It looks like FastEssay owners and administrators only play a passive role in the whole process. They post orders as they come in and make them available to registered writers; they collect payments and put them on the account. They then step back and put the responsibility on the customer ask the right questions, choose a writer, and then be responsible for the production process and any issues that may occur.
Factor 4: Pricing and Payment
Prices run in the high-average average for the writing industry and are not standardized. They are based on what the chosen writer and the customer agree upon, and from what customers say, it can vary. A good negotiator may be able to get a better price for the same type of writing than one sho is not so skilled.
Payment methods are standard – all major credit cards, and, as stated above, secure third-party processing that makes them safe.
Factor 5: Additional Important Considerations
There are no additional features that we could find. Everything is the result of discussions between customers and writers.
As we look at the pros & cons of this writing service, we have to say there are very few pros, other than on-time delivery and security. As to the cons, we would say the following. The responsibility for finding the best writer is totally up to the customer who has little information about the writer he chooses except what that writer chooses to say. None of the background and qualifications can be verified. And the testimonials in the writer profiles are a bit suspect. Quality varies so much and depends on the customer asking the right questions and hoping for the best. All in all, FastEssay.com operates as a job board, not the best essay writing service that takes command of the process. We have given this company a rating of 2 on a scale of 1-5. Customers may want to look elsewhere for their writing needs.