Table of Contents
The EssayPro.com website states that the company has been in business since 1997. It was probably one of the first companies to set up a business model that differs from the most common writing service models in which students place their orders and the company assigns a suitable writer to the project, from its cadre of professionals that have been screened, vetted, and “tested.” Still, there is plenty of information on Essay Pro to conduct a pretty thorough review. We have used our normal criteria – information on the company website, what we can learn about the writers, on-site testimonials, pricing, benefits and perks, off-site customer comments and feedback, either submitted to us or found on the web and other resources such as samples or a blog.
The EssayPro.com site is well organized, with links to key information about the company and how it works, as well as a blog and FAQ. Explanations are clear and easy to understand.
Essay Pro Features – More of The Same
First and foremost, the business model must be understood. Unlike more traditional writing services, customers place detailed orders for the products or services they need and then wait for writers to bid on that order. They can receive as many as 20 bids, and will then have to sort through those and “interview” those they think might be a fit. These discussions take place through a messaging system on the site. Students can ask their writers about their backgrounds and experience during this process, before selecting one that they believe to be the best match.
At first glance, this is kind of cool. At second glance, however, there are issues:
- Students are not well equipped to conduct “interviews” and know what questions to ask.
- Many students are in a hurry. Going through all of the profiles of bidders and then narrowing down to those they want to interview and finally selecting one can be a lengthy process. They do not have this kind of time and will often simply choose the lowest bidder, and quality may not be what they want or need.
- Profiles of writers on the website are pretty thin. Basically, they consist of subject areas, a number of completed projects, and some positive testimonials from customers.
- The company does not appear to vet writers the way many other writing services do. Anyone can register as a writer on their site. Their belief is that bad writers will eventually be “weeded out.” This is not appropriate, because customers will suffer from having chosen these poor writers.
Customer reviews of products and services are mixed. While reviews on the site are all positive, as we would expect, comments and feedback that were submitted to us or that we found on the web tell a bit different story.
- Customers have had complaints about quality. They are offered unlimited revisions, but some also state that they must go back for several, and then they are in danger of missing their own submission deadlines
- Others have complained about the quality of the resources used in research. Especially at the college level, customers expect primary source material when secondary sources are used instead.
- Most state that their product is delivered on time.
Overall, we can say this: EssayPro.com is a legal writing service that can be trusted to deliver products and services on time. Beyond that, it seems that customer satisfaction with products and services is completely dependent upon the writer they choose. And if they don’t choose well, they will be facing revision requests and hoping that they will get their piece submitted to their instructors on time..
In terms of providing financial information in order to make a payment, the company uses a third-party payment processor that has SSL-certification. Providing bank card information is safe. The company does not collect or store any of your financial information.
There are no established prices as you might find with traditional writing services. While the company has a minimum of $11 per page, beyond the cost will depend on what the customer and writer have agreed to. Skilled negotiators may be able to get better prices, but this is not guaranteed.
Obviously, there are no company-wide discounts or special pricing.
Here is an area that could be vastly improved. Essay Pro publishes profiles of its 6 customer service reps, but contacting them when issues or problems arise is not clear and fully explained. There is no phone number or live chat. There is a messaging system only, via the customer account. Adding a phone number and a live chat feature would make the company seem more reliable.
So, in the end, what do we feel about EssayPro.com? In short, the biggest issue is that the onus for finding a great writer is totally on the customer. If a bad writer is used, the only recourse is to ask for revisions or to complain via messaging with the customer service department. We also take issue with the way in which writers are accepted. There is just not enough vetting done by the company.
Overall, we are giving Essay Pro a rating of 3, on a scale of 1-5.