Table of Contents
Our latest review is on PHDEssay.com. We have been asked by several students if PHD Essay is a fraud or scam, and if they offer quality writing services. The following paragraphs should answer these questions and more on PHDEssay. As always, we try to stick to the same series of steps to ensure that each writing service is treated fairly and that potential customers get all of the information that they need. Here are the steps we took to write this evaluation.
- We explore all of the content on the company website, looking especially for products and services offered, policies, the process for ordering and delivery, ease of navigation, organization, and quality of writing on the site itself.
- We read testimonials on PHDEssay.com.
- We seek out customer comments and feedback on the web as well as those that are submitted to our review site
- We researched the company’s reputation online including checking with the BBB.
- We check out prices, discounts, unique benefits
- We review samples and blog articles found on the website
- We look for information about writers
- We contact customer support to ask detailed questions about the company and products.
Please continue reading to learn more about our experiences.
Our criteria are simple yet unwavering. To recommend a writing agency to our visitors and users, we expect the following:
- We want to see a website that is well-organized, easy to navigate and that clearly provides a listing of products and services it offers
- We want to see high-quality site content, samples and blog articles
- We want information about the writers – how they are employed, their backgrounds, and their credentials
- We want to see a customer support department that is responsive, professional and well-trained to answer customer questions and resolve issues
- We want to see positive customer feedback, not just on the site, but out on the web or submitted to us
- We want to see reasonable pricing, based upon types of products, customer academic level, and urgency of deadline.
- We want to see solid policies that provide legal responsibilities of both parties, privacy and confidentiality, revisions, and guarantee of customer satisfaction
In sum, we are looking for writing companies that can be trusted to deliver what they promise and that customers can know are reliable.
Factor 1: Types of Writing Services Offered
PHD is a little different from most writing services. It offers the following:
- Thousands of free essay and paper samples which students can download and use as samples and for ideas as they write their own pieces
- Original academic writing products, crafted by their own cadre of writers
- Free resources, such as grammar and plagiarism checkers
- Re-writing of any free essay or paper a student may find that will fit a writing assignment he has.
Factor 2: Trust/Reliability
There is no question that PHDEssay.com can be trusted to provide the products and services that it advertises.
And customers do state that they receive products they order and pay for.
Our concern is the risky business of students downloading the free samples or asking company writers to simply re-write them to make them “original.” This is risky business indeed. How many times can an essay or paper be re-written without plagiarism entering into the mix?
Factor 3: Level of Quality
We did review several samples of essays and papers in a variety of topic areas. And we even read a full dissertation about the impact of in-store music on customer behavior. The samples were adequate, although many of the resources were a bit old and outdated. They seem to have been written by individuals at various levels of expertise, for scholarly writing style was quite varied. Some would be fine for high school assignments; others were obviously written for college-level students.
In terms of ordered original writing or re-writing, customer feedback is really mixed, but tends toward the negative. Customers complain about poor writing quality – incorrect sentence structures and word usage, as well as lack of coherence and good flow, and old and outdated resources. The dissertation we read was a bit disjointed, but some of the conclusions did not even relate to the research question.
Factor 4: Pricing/Payment
For original writing, pricing starts at $13.90 a page. Interestingly, there is no pricing chart on the website. And, from what the company says, pricing will vary according to who they get to produce the product. Customers will be given a final price before submitting their orders, but they will obviously be a bit inconsistent. And we found no discount program at all.
Payments can be made via MasterCard and Visa. While we have not information about the use of a third-party secured payment processor, all customers state that there were no issues with making a safe payment.
Factor 5: Additional Important Considerations
We looked for additional features and bonus content. We did not find any of that here. The grammar and plagiarism checkers, though, are certainly convenient and do provide unique features that many other writing services do not.
Our final rating of this service is not good. We believe they put students at risk of being accused of plagiarism and other forms of academic dishonesty. In addition to this, the overall quality in terms of original writing is not what it should be. And, when we contacted customer support on two occasions, lots of details could not be answered quickly and smoothly. The company probably uses and answering service. Overall, we are providing a rating of 2 on our 5-point scale.